This Festive Fruit and Nut Dark Chocolate Bark is an easy no-bake dessert that makes a delicious and thoughtful holiday gift for all your friends and family.
Tired of baking cookies but need an easy homemade treat that also makes a thoughtful gift for friends and family this holiday season? Look no further than this Festive Fruit and Nut Dark Chocolate Bark!
Not only does it look festive but this dark chocolate bark tastes like the holidays too with crunchy green pistachios, ruby red dried cranberries, candied orange peel and white chocolate drizzle.
How To Make This Recipe:
The great thing about chocolate bark is that it is so easy and relatively quick to make – the longest step is waiting for it to set! That being said, making this recipe could be a fun holiday activity for the kids to get involved. All you need to do is:
- Melt the chocolate and prepare any toppings, like removing the shell from your pistachios. Don’t forget to prepare your baking sheet too!
- Spread your chocolate on the pan and sprinkle toppings to your heart’s content!
- Resist sneaking a taste while your chocolate bark hardens. Once fully set, break into pieces to enjoy or package up as gifts.
It’s as easy as that!
Other Chocolate Bark Flavour Variations
Another bonus is that chocolate bark is SO easy to customize to your own tastes. Simply switch up your toppings! You could try using:
- Dried fruit: cranberries, orange, raisins, cherries, apricots, ginger, pineapple
- Nuts & seeds: pistachios, almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans, coconut, pumpkin seeds
- Candies: like M&Ms, candy canes or your other favourites
Need some inspiration? Here are some potential topping combos to get you started:
- White Chocolate Peppermint = white chocolate + crushed candy canes or peppermints
- Cherry Almond = milk or dark chocolate + chopped roasted almonds + dried cherries
- Salted Toffee Pretzel = milk or dark chocolate + pretzels + toffee baking pieces + sea salt
No matter whether you make this recipe as a gift for others or simply for you and your loved ones, I hope it is enjoyed in peace and good company this festive season. Happy Holidays!
Looking for more holiday recipes?
Festive Fruit and Nut Dark Chocolate Bark
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips or baking squares
- 1/3 cup pistachios, shelled
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons candied orange peel
- flaky salt for topping, optional
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave in thirty-second increments until fully smooth. While the chocolate is melting, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the baking sheet and spread into an approximately 8×10-inch rectangle, or to the desired thinness.
- Sprinkle on pistachios and dried cranberries. Let set approximately 2 hours or until the surface of the chocolate is dry and no longer shiny.
- Melt the white chocolate and drizzle over the bark. Garnish with the candied orange peel and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt, if desired.
- Let the bark sit another 2 hours or overnight. When fully solid, break into pieces or cut into sections with a knife. Store up to a week in an airtight container in the fridge.